Sunday, April 5, 2009

Awesome Weekend :)

Friday night Matt and I went on a much needed date... we ate at Ruby Tuesday's (buy one meal, get one free!) And went and to the movies. We ended up staying the night at Matt's parents because they were watching Cash and we didn't want to make the long trek back home late that night. We woke up to Matt's mama making us breakfast! What a treat :) It is always great spending time with them!
Saturday was the start of General Conference for our church. We watched it on TV and then Saturday night Matt went with the guys in my family to the priesthood session and the ladies got to go out to Applebee's! It was delicious and so much fun to spend time with my grandma, mom sisters, niece and nephew.
Sunday, conference continued and it was amazing! Both Matt and I feel uplifted and ready to make some improvements in our lives :) Now, here we are on Sunday night. We just got home from dinner at my grandparent's house (Someburro's... could it get any better?!?) Cash is asleep and I'm going to start some house cleaning before spending some time with Matty and finally drifting off to dreamland :) What an awesome weekend it was! Tomorrow starts off a full week of tax appointments, vet appointments, insurance appointments and a lot of work... but we wouldn't have it any other way! Have a great week guys :)

4 comments:

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

I am glad you had such a great weekend! I'm so glad you have family so close and family that is so wonderful! It's great you got to go on a date with Matt. Sometimes it's easy to forget how important it is to spend time ALONE with eachother. I need to do a better job at that! Hopefully we can get together soon! I haven't seen Cash since he was tiny! He's probably already bigger than Gracie! (Gracie never grows!) Cash and Grace would probably be great playmates for eachother!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I'm so glad you got a date night!!! It sounds like a fun one too. I haven't been to Ruby Tuesday's in forever. Was it good? And breakfast made for you the next morning, what a treat!!!!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

SloneFamily said...

Hello Sista... you had a dream of a weekend! Lots of food , family, and good spirit it sounds like :) Lets do Grey's this week for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hil!
I am happy that you and Matt got to spend some one on one time together, that is so important! Your church thingy sounded neat too. It's always a good thing to feel uplifed and ready to do better in life, that's awesome! I hope you and your family have a great week!